Monday, October 22, 2007

Journal Entry 3 - October 20

Journal Day 3 October 20, 2007

Today was a day of opposites. I have the opportunity to serve 15 people to day. All of them had incredible experiences. I saw three people who were unable to walk with out the aid of canes leave after their adjustments on their own volition shouting for joy. One of the men was so bad that it took him 20 minutes to climb the short steps leading up the adjusting room. His grandson came with him and when they left he was holding the crutches above his head so everyone could see that his grandfather did not need them anymore. What a healing.

Another woman, the wife of the fire chief, was unable to walk more that 20 feet without being doubled over in pain. After her adjustment, she walked home…over 1 mile. The chief came over tonight and got adjusted himself. He also brought along the chief of police and told the warden of the prison. On Monday the two chiefs are going to make all of their officers come over and get adjustments. They want the best functioning officers working for them.

There is the reality that as the word gets out about what is happening, Monday through Wednesday will be beyond amazing. How cool will it be to have a town of well adjusted people running around. I think I am going to go to the schools on Tuesday and adjust all the kids. I can’t wait. They will get a brief talk on chiropractic and the we will line them all up and adjust them. I can see them all laughing now. The people here are quick to laugh and hearty about their laughs. It is contagious.

So far I think I have avoided the little bugs that want my blood and leave me with malaria. There are so many. At dusk, they are thick and fly in swarms. But, they don’t even notice I am there. That is a miracle! God works in not so mysterious ways as well. Now if that can continue for another week and a half I will be malaria free when I return home. I am using DEET 2x’s a day. It smells bad and makes your skin oily. It seals you skin so it make you sweat like crazy. The temperatures have not been too bad but the humidity has been high. Just imagine Charlottesville in the summer. Bingo. You nailed the climate here in Winneba. The breeze during the day sure does help. The moving air pulls the sweat off and cools you down.

I met Sarah today. She is a teacher at Walker in Charlottesville. She has saved her money up and came here to teach the kids until her funds dry up. What a vision to help people. I think everyone should get out and do their best to help others. You don’t have to travel all the way around the world to do it. There are people next door to you that need help. Just help.

So long for now.

No comments: